Sunday, November 27, 2011

Veteran's Day

In honor of my dad, we wanted to go attend the Veteran's parade. It was a really cold morning so we layered up Grey and Bent and enjoyed the festivities. I found myself getting really emotional as it started. I couldn't help but think of my dad and how he would be attending an event to support Veterans. During the parade as Veteran's passed by I kept thinking... what is their story? One man in particular passed by that had to be in his late 80's or early 90's and it made me think about how young my dad was when he passed away. Thanks dad for your service to our country as well as both my grandparents and members of Shane's family; Matt and Ed for your service. Also thank you to all the men and woman who selflessly serve our country in our behalf.




 During the parade, Bentley reached over and grabbed Shane's hand. It was such a sweet moment to catch on camera.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! We love you very much and miss you. Mike also served our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Just found your blog and got caught up with the Stevens! We miss you guys and glad all is well. Ummm can I just say how stinking CUTE Greyson and Bentley are. Oh.my.gosh! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love catching up with you and the babes! Your dad was an extraordinary man who not only served our country, but served everyone around him. What a sweet daughter you are for supporting him, AND, an amazing mommy, teaching your little babes the importance of honoring our country. BTW, Bent is ROCKING that Roxy jacket! LOVE it on her, just as I had imagined it!!!! Love to you four my sthpouse!

    ReplyDelete