Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trip to Idaho... August

We went to visit family and friends... so here is another attempt and getting a TWIN picture with Isabelle and Christopher. One of these days our twins (Lena's and mine) will pose for a picture but until then I love that I have raw documentation of what a "posed" picture in is in reality.
I love LENA!!
Bentley isn't sure what to think about Izzy.
We quickly traveled through Boise and then continued on to visit my mom and sister in Idaho Falls. My sister Carley had her first baby Hudson. He was born August 13th so he shares his b-day with uncle Danny. Carley is such an amazing mama!! It was fun to watch her and it brought back so many memories from the previous summer with newborns. However, Carley definitely has a better grasp on things then I did. I'm so thrilled for you Car and Darin!!!
Huds with Honey!!

We stayed with my aunt in Idaho Falls. Greyson and Bentley were so proud of their discovery in the garage. We also ventured out on the boat with everyone. We didn't last long as I questioned my judgement in thinking that tubing would be a fun experience for Greyson and Bentley even after Shane cautioned me. Let's just one might be a little early to start in tubing adventures. 



Sarah took this pic of my mom... thanks Sarah for catching a sweet moment that has been greatly missed.


Sarah, Carley, Hudson and me after Hud's blessing.
Carley with my mom and her hubby Darin.
After visiting Idaho Falls, we traveled back through Boise to visit family. Tammy (Shane's sister) and family watched Greyson and Bentley for a night so Shane, me and Ross could hike in to 20 mile lakes. It was beautiful and relaxing. It felt restorative and much needed to enjoy time with Shane and also by myself while Shane went fishing with his brother. Tammy and family, thanks again for taking such great care of Bentley and Greyson. They had so much fun and were entertained every waking moment. The picture below occurred shortly after arriving at Tammy's house (probably within 5 minutes). For the record this is when Shane and I arrived with the babies and not when Tammy was watching the babes. Although it is just a matter of odds with these guys. Shane refers to them as walking balls of destruction. I like to say they are spirited... right!!! Anyway, Greyson was running and fell. The edge of the fireplace broke his fall... so sad. Poor little Greyson didn't seem to mind, he wanted to suck on his ice pack of frozen peas.



No comments:

Post a Comment