Friday, March 16, 2012

Christmas 2011

We spent Christmas this year with the Hill side of the family. My mom rented a vacation home in Sisters, Oregon. It accommodated our family perfectly. Greyson and Bentley slept in a closet in their pack-n-plays. They barely fit. I wish I would've taken a picture. It was difficult for them to nap because they were right next to each other but it worked out fine in the evening because they were so tired. I stayed a few extra day after everyone left to spend time with my sister and her family as well as my mom. On Christmas morning we made the mistake of letting Greyson open a small train gift that was in his stocking first because that stole his attention immediately. He was completely enthralled with the train and could care less about opening any more presents. So Bentley made up for them both and covered double present duty. We let her open up Greyson's presents because he was so disinterested. The rental was near a trail system so we went running and on walks together and of course counter acted any productivity by eating a lot of yummy food. We also had a gingerbread house making contest which was a lot of fun too.

 Bentley and Greyson with Honey!!!
 In Hill tradition we wore our new PJ bottoms to Christmas Eve dinner.
My mom is getting a few gingerbread building pointers from my brother Dan.
 Here is a family picture right before going to church.

 I love how Kayden is covering his ears in the background while Greyson and Bentley enjoy being the proud owners of a music set.

 Bentley just got her first baby doll compliments of Honey.
 We are such a talented group... I think Sarah and Emmy win in the gingerbread house making talent arena.

My favorite Christmas memory this year was visiting my dad. Fortunately Sisters, Or is near Bend so we all traveled to visit my dad's graveside and while we were there we shared fun memories of my dad. Everyone had the opportunity to share something and include my dad in our Christmas festivities. Wow dad you were missed this year... I love and miss you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pictures, Missy! hope you guys are doing well. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete