Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer Adventures-Bend

Shane and I stayed in Bend for three weeks and took care of my parents house and other items of business as needed for my mom. Shane and I had so much fun with Greyson and Bentley. We were able to go hiking, running, swimming as well as go on walks and bike rides together as a family. Shane and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary by getting a babysitter for the day and we went mountain biking, running, went to lunch, then floated the river, and topped the day off by getting ice cream. It was perfect and the most 1:1 time we have had since having the babies. 
Shane is scouting out the river for our first kayaking experience with Greyson and Bentley which peacefully lasted for around 60 seconds before we were fighting them to stay inside the kayak and taking many breaks before returning to the shore. Maybe next summer or the next.. right!!!




We went downtown to Munchin Music and it started to hail. It was crazy and we temporarily took cover under a vendors tent until there was a break in the weather. 
When we got back to my parents house we let Greyson and Bentley go in the back yard. They were not fans!!
Bentley busted into the oatmeal and decided that she liked eating it raw.
We just let her indulge herself for a while... who could resist this cutie?


Shane worked on refinishing this bench for my mom. She had put it up for sale prior to my dad passing away and actually had a buyer. Shane saw it in the garage and asked if she really wanted to get rid of it or if she wanted to keep it now. My mom and dad had many sweet memories on their porch swing and so Shane knew that she might feel differently about purchasing a new one. My mom wanted to keep her porch swing so Shane tracked down the buyer who was so understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Bentley is such a doll!!! Her smile is adorable. I would let her eat raw oatmeal too :)

    ReplyDelete