Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

I had the best first "official" Mother's day. Shane did such a great job to make sure it was special and note that I was appreciated. For starters, he let me sleep in a bit before church while he made me french toast topped with raspberries. It was such a nice surprise to wake up to being that it is my fav. Some other highlights throughout the day were: Bentley taking her first three steps, a hand-made card coupled with a gift certificate to an Aveda salon by Shane, Greyson and Bentley, dinner, and a day free of laundry and mindless "picking-up" that is constantly needed with two babies walking/crawling around our apartment. I feel so loved and blessed to have such an awesome husband to make my day amazing as well as having the presence of these babes to gaze upon. I love my around the clock job most moments and always when I have one or both babes in my arms. I know that I am so fortunate to be a mom especially considering the work it took to conceive, carry and birth these sweet individuals. There isn't any accomplishment (along with marrying Shane.. of course) that I am more proud of in my life than bringing these guys into the world and being given the opportunity to be their mom.

1 comment:

  1. Awe sweet Chelsea!! You deserved all of it! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us. I can't begin to imagine all that you went thru but I know that you have been so blessed beyond measure because of it! It is nothing short of a miracle that is for sure! We love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your family with us. We are blessed by you and your sweet family!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete