Monday, April 4, 2011

Babies first Christmas







Due to a series of events we went to Bend for Christmas this year. Originally, we planned on traveling to Idaho during Shane's two week break and stay in Boise, Cascade and McCall. However, my mom got sick and was admitted to the hospital 11 days prior to Christmas and came home on Christmas Eve. Currently, she is fully recovered but it was a 6 week jaunt. While we were in Bend we helped with loose end Christmas errands for my parents as they were trying to maintain. My dad rented a house for all my sibling to stay in near downtown. It accommodated nicely and made room for everyone. My brother, Nick lives in Bend so with the exception of his family everyone stayed at the rental with siblings coming and going to be with my dad at my parents house as well as visits to and from the hospital on my mom's behalf. While staying in the rental everyone with the exception of a small handful got food poisoning. It spiraled through two days and hit up most of the kid's making Christmas Eve and Christmas quite the experience. It started with my niece, sister in law and sister and then just progressively got worse. Shane was the recipient on the night before Christmas Eve and I was the recipient on Christmas Eve along with many others. However the climax hit as Santa arrived at the rental and was greeted with my nephew throwing up twice on the floor in front of everyone (poor guy). I was listening from afar as I was sick to my stomach laying on the bed. Anyway it made for a memorable Christmas experience. It was fun to watch the babies tear at their Christmas presents and enjoy the wrapping paper on their gifts. I think unwrapping gifts had to be their highlight. When all of the presents were put under the tree, Bentley randomly found one of her presents from "Honey" by herself and started to unwrap it... so cute. Aside from the germ infested rental it was fun to be surrounded by good company and an abundance of yummy food (minus the food poisoning haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment