Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Search is on....



Shane, Bentley and Greyson hanging out on their aunt Lisa's couch.

After leaving Boise and traveling to Portland. We lived with my sister, Lisa for a week while we looked for an apartment. My mom and I packed up the babes daily to scout out our housing options. We were on a limited budget which minimized a lot of initial interests and made it difficult to find anything decent. Portland is slightly a different housing market in comparison to Idaho. Lets just say Idahoans have it good or cheap!!! After a few days of searching and with the help of family members, we found an apartment complex called Deveraux Glen. Our apartment is 1028 sq ft which isn't bad for an apartment but sad to have transitioned from 2453 sq ft of living space for just the two of us. Now we live in half the space with our numbers doubled. However, we already downsized in regards to our belongings so the transition didn't seem too bad. Interestingly it is on the top story. I'm not sure what we were thinking. I blame it on the fact that I still haven't recovered full brain acquirement because I am continually forgetting and having difficulty articulating and therefore couldn't have been capable of fully making such a decision shortly after having twins or I surely would have thought of the fact that i would be lugging twins up and down the stairs on a daily basis which would be horrific. I am sure if I had thought that one completely through the outcome would have been different. Our apartment has good lighting and several windows which is nice since I will be home a lot more than I ever have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment