Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving


It is nearly Christmas and I am just getting to Halloween and Thanksgiving posts. This year's Thanksgiving was really nice. Again, Lisa hosted and we had a fabulous meal. The highlights of the day entailed running a turkey trot (4 mile run) with my sister. Then going on a short hike with my brothers, the babes, and Shane. Followed by reading through the paper to scout out "good deals" and then I topped myself off with a ridiculous amount of food. We were encircled by great company and enjoyed a nice quite evening minus an incident with the turkey. My brother helpfully took out the turkey from the oven and lost his positioning, which resulted in dropping the turkey on the ground. So on the ground lay the turkey, next to my brothers feet. Dan, my brother, quickly had to take off his socks as to not burn his feet but was not a hundred percent successful. Along with a few blisters, my sisters oven read error and needed to be serviced due to the grease hitting the front door. Regardless of the incident the remainder of the evening went smoothly and everyone recovered. More than anything it made it memorable. A side bar to the evenings happenings, I wanted to note a few of the things that I am grateful for this year. Of course I am thankful for the twins but mostly what I have discovered from the twins. I have an increased gratitude, love, and respect for Shane. I also am grateful for the opportunities the twins have given me to serve and recognize that life is so much more than myself. I am grateful for the light and meaning that the twins have brought to my life. I love them and feel honored to be their mother and hope that I can always treat them with the respect they deserve. I am grateful for the influence they had on the career change that we are embarking on at this time and the new found opportunities, growth and friendships that have come with that change/move. I am grateful for gratitude in general and the emotion that is felt when expressing or feeling gratitude for anything in life. I am grateful for the opportunity to live such a privileged life and I look forward to the new year and all the new trails and blessings that we will experience as a family and that I will experience individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment